A kind of Sauna which makes use of light to produce heat is known as infrared sauna. It is also known as far infrared sauna. Traditionally sauna is used to heat the atmosphere and body but the infrared sauna is mainly used to heat the body directly without even heating the surrounding air around you. In this article, we will study the benefits of infrared sauna for human health and some important processes such as pregnancy.
Table of content:
- What is infrared sauna?
- How infrared sauna works?
- Health benefits of infrared sauna
- Benefits of infrared sauna during pregnancy
- Bottom line
- What is Infrared Sauna?
The infrared sauna is used to heat the body and is one of the popular therapies for weight loss, anti-aging, detoxification. According to the latest research in the field of health and medicinal sciences, it has been proven that infrared sauna is important for heart health and also has life-extending benefits. Heat and light are used in infrared sauna which helps in the detoxification of the body. The infrared light rays help to heat up the body which results in the production of sweat. As the sweat is released body releases some toxins with it.
- How Infrared Sauna Works?
The infrared sauna lowers the inflammation in the body and acts like antioxidants which help in activation of cells, healing of wounds, boosting up metabolic rate in the body and removal of toxins. The course of treatment with infrared sauna is 15-20 minutes and can be performed easily at home. Light emitting sauna devices are available in the market and you can purchase such devices easily. Infrared lamps are also helpful in this regard as they can be used to get the soothing effect. When used, infrared radiations help to increase sweating, heart rate, stabilizes mood and relaxes the mind.
- Health Benefits of Infrared Sauna:
There are certain proven health benefits of infrared sauna on human health such as:
- Sauna therapy is also known as passive cardio as it increases the rate of heartbeat and the effects are similar to that of exercise.
- Helps in the detoxification of heavy metals from the body
- Helps to keep the skin radiant and youthful by increasing the blood supply and removal of toxins from the skin.
- Optimizes biological aging.
- Reduces stress and anxiety, it helps to stabilize the mood and helps in the treatment of mood swings. For the patients with acute anxiety and depression, the use of infrared sauna is extremely beneficial.
- Helps in the treatment of sore muscles, it is therefore particularly important for athletes and sportsmen.
- Important for cognitive functions.
- Heart-friendly and supports cardiovascular health
- Boosts up immunity and helps to keep the body healthy and reduces the risk of infectious diseases.
- Increases sleep by soothing central nervous system. It also helps to speed up the circulation of blood to various organs of the body.
- Benefits of Infrared Sauna During Pregnancy:
Infrared sauna is helpful for the treatment certain heart and body functions. The benefits of infrared sauna are still under debate. It is advised that pregnant females should avoid using infrared sauna as high temperature can harm pregnant females and developing a fetus. The risk of birth defects and other complications are also likely to increase with the use of infrared sauna.
Some risk factors which are associated with infrared sauna during pregnancy are:
- Increased heat can result in dehydration and by lowering the blood pressure.
- During the early months of pregnancy the brain of fetus develops, the use of infrared sauna can result in some deformities. There is increased risk of neural tube and heart defects.
- Not only infrared sauna, pregnant females must avoid heated places and hot baths.
- If females are using Sauna for relaxation of muscles and anti-anxiety, they can opt for some alternatives like meditation and yoga which are proven to be equally beneficial.
- The best outdoor sauna and implantation of such sauna devices at homes can cause potential harm to the developing fetus.
- Pregnant females should not use infrared sauna particularly during implantation bleeding days or days of implantation.
- Some infrared devices in the market which are not recommended for breastfeeding or lactating mothers. It is also suggested that females should avoid breastfeeding 24 hours after the use of infrared sauna.
- Bottom line:
Infrared sauna is particularly important for health. It is proven scientifically that infrared sauna has many health benefits such as helps to reduce the impact of aging, reduces stress and anxiety and plays important role in detoxification of the body. On the other hand, despite tremendous health benefits, the use of infrared sauna is not recommended during pregnancy due to the potential risks to the developing fetus. Not only pregnant females, breastfeeding mothers are also advised not to use infrared sauna.